NGOFILE :: Ayuda en Acción ~ ActionAid

Share now:

• Ayuda en Acción ~ ActionAid •

ayuda-en-accionAyuda en Acción (ActionAid) is the Spanish affiliate of ActionAid International, a global non-governmental organization originally founded in 1972 in the UK as a child-sponsorship charity called Action in Distress, whose work has expanded over the past four decades to focus on fighting poverty and injustice experienced by more than 15 million people worldwide.

Ayuda en Acción was established in Spain 1981 and joined with other affiliate organizations of the ActionAid Alliance in 2003 to form ActionAid International, headquartered in South Africa. Working through country offices in Spain, Mexico, Colombia and Peru, Ayuda en Acción operates programmes in Spain and 10 countries throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, while also working to help raise funds and provide support for ActionAid International projects in Africa and Asia.

Registered as a non-profit charitable association in Spain, Ayuda en Acción raises 77 percent of its budget from memberships fees and donations from individuals and the private sector, with the remaining 23 percent of its financing coming from government and institutional donors.

► Learn more about Ayuda en Acción at the following links online:

► Read Progressive Spain news coverage of Ayuda en Acción, here …

Updated as of 07/2016

Share now: