First, let us state unequivocally that we do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties and would only do so if we were to have your express written permission and/or are required by law to do so.
Progressive Spain is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Progressive Spain may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1st, 2016.
What we collect
We may from time to time collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address and/or mobile phone number
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to reader/surveys and/or site promotions
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our news and media products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about our news and media products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes so as to better understand our readership and audience. Depending on what information you may have provided us, we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use the information you provide us in order to customise the website in accordance to reader interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information remains secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Definition: A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide to such other sites whilst visiting them and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you are only required to fill in information marked “required” and your providing of information requested in other form fields that are marked “optional” is entirely up to your discretion.
• if you have previously agreed to our using your personal information to contact you for research purposes, to provide offers about our news and media products and services, or to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at news@ProgressiveSpain.net.
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties and would only do so if we were to have your express written permission and/or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to directly send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but you may opt out of receiving such information from us at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you and we will provide it for a reasonably small fee or no fee at all, depending on the amount of information and time involved. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at news@ProgressiveSpain.net.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at news@ProgressiveSpain.net. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.